It is that time of the year - IDC's CMO Advisory Service is in the field with our Marketing Benchmarks Study. This is our 12th year conducting this study that is used by leading marketing organizations to benchmark their marketing spend and organizational structures. Now it's your chance to join in this important research; I would like to offer an invitation to participate in this survey.
Below are the essential "need to knows" around our survey and further down I'll dive into all the great value of benchmarking your marketing organization:
What are the benefits?
- Complimentary copy of our 2015 Marketing Investment Planner to benchmark your company's marketing data against industry data.
- Receive an invitation to our exclusive client telebriefing held by IDC Analysts.
- Access to IDC's industry standard marketing taxonomy.
- Email me (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) to get our survey instrument and taxonomy.
- A "lead" marketing executive with access to marketing budget and staffing allocations.
- Complete the survey by August 1st.
- This is the 12th year IDC has fielded the Tech Marketing Benchmark Survey and will include participation from many of the 100 largest tech companies - this depth and expertise is unmatched.
- All responses are 100%, no questions asked, confidential. We take this part very seriously.
- All participants will be eligible for our 2015 Chief Marketing Officer ROI Matrix and will have access to their placement on the Matrix. A great way to easily compare your marketing progress against the rest of the industry's.
Need More Information: View this excerpt from Kathleen Schaub's excellent post, IDC Tech Marketing Benchmark: Behind the Scenes. It explains all the intricacies (and value of benchmarking).
Why do companies benchmark? A benchmark provides context for decision-making. You spend a million dollars a year on social marketing. So what? If your CEO asks you this question, what will you say? Tech marketers tell us that they like to benchmark for the following reasons:Feel free to reach out and let's have a discussion whether it's the right time for your organization to participate!
Email me at: (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) or find me on twitter @SamMelnick
Call For Participation - IDC's CMO Advisory Service's 2014 Tech Marketing Benchmark Survey Reviewed by Ladies Venue on May 28, 2014 Rating: